Selectboard Meeting

September 9, 2002

                                                                                            

 

                                                                                                                    Page 1 of 3

 

Attending the meeting: Lynn Gardner, Andrea Morgante, Jon Trefry, Randy Volk, John

Guttler, Jeanne Wilson, Rocky Martin, George Bedard, Jeffrey Tucker, Brian Austin.

 

Meeting called to order at 7:00 p.m.

 

Jeffrey Tucker, Dubois & King / Silver Street Bridge Discussion

Mr. Tucker and Mr. Austin had maps with 5 alternatives that were framed by width of the new bridge. In discussing two of the options the Board favored, discussion came up again on the possibility of a pre-fabricated bridge deck, this would shorten the project and additional cost of this type of construction seemed to be equal to the detour bridge that would be constructed.  Mr. Tucker will check on the cost of the pre-constructed bridge again.  

Also the cost of new abutments seemed equal to the work cost associated with repairs – this cost will also be reviewed.

 

Other Business

 

Approve Warrants:  Jon moved that the Board vote to approve the warrants for bills payable as presented by the Town Treasurer.  Second by John and approved.

 

Approve Minutes of August 5, 2002 Meeting:  Jon moved that the Board vote to approve the minutes of August 5, 2002.  Second by Andrea and approved.

 

Approve Minutes of August 19, 2002 Meeting:  John moved that the Board vote to approve the minutes of August 19, 2002 as corrected, second by Andrea and approved with Randy and Jon abstaining.

 

Trial Balance for Water & Wastewater Fund and General Fund for Period Ending 7/31/02:  Randy moved that the Board vote to acknowledge receipt of the Trial Balance for the Water & Wastewater and General Fund for the period ending 7/31/02.  Second by Jon and approved.

 

VTrans 2002 Bridge Inspection Report / Hollow Road Bridge:  Randy moved that the Board vote to acknowledge receipt of the VTrans 2002 Bridge Inspection Report for Bridge #9 on Hollow Road (west end).  Second by Jon and approved.

 

Vermont Municipal Planning Grant Resolution:  This resolution is an update to a previously signed resolution for the DHCA Planning Grant Program for the current fiscal year.  The purpose of this update is to name Town Planner Alex Weinhagen as the grant administrator, instead of former Town Planner Faith Ingulsrud.  Andrea moved the Board vote to authorize Alex Weinhagen as Hinesburg’s grant administrator for the DHCA Planning Grant Program, second by John and approved.

                                   

                                                     SEPTEMBER 9, 2002                                        page 2 of 3

 

Driveway Permit / Raymond Ayer of Hines Road: This subdivision has been given final plat approval by the DRB.  Jon moved that the Board vote to approve the driveway permit application of Raymond Ayer for a road cut on Hines Road (a subdivision of Grand List Lot Number 09-02-55.10 ) as outlined in the permit dated 07/29/02, subject to the terms and conditions placed on the permit by the Highway Foreman and all state and local permits governing the development of this parcel.  Second by Randy and approved.

 

 

Reserve Funds from FY 01 – 02: The Board reviewed the list of reserves and questioned the necessity of some.  Jeanne will check into the questioned areas and revise the list as needed.

 

Revisions to Zoning Bylaw / Planning Commission Submittal:  The Planning Commission held a public hearing on the proposed changes to the Zoning Bylaw on September 4, 2002.  Following the conclusion of the hearing, the commission voted to approve the revisions and submit the same to the Selectboard for consideration and action.  The proposed revisions were submitted to the Selectboard on September 5, 2002.  The Selectboard will hold a public hearing on Monday, October 7, 2002 to receive comment on the revisions.

 

West Side Road Feasibility Study:  This project will be completed through the CCMPO Technical Assistance program.  The first step in the process is to establish a steering committee.  The Planning Commission will be the sponsoring body.  The committee will also include the Public Works Director, Town Administrator, a representative from the Selectboard, a representative from the DRB, and the property owners (Saputo, Russell Family Trust and David Lyman).  The first meeting of the steering committee is scheduled for Thursday, September 12th at 7:30 PM.

Randy will represent the Selectboard at the meeting.

 

VTrans 1999 Enhancement Grant / Traffic Calming on Route 116 at HCS:  As discussed at the last meeting, the engineer contracted to complete the preliminary engineering and design for this project (Dexter Lefavour, P.C) has not fulfilled the conditions outlined in the agreement dated June 9,  2000.  Specifically, the agreement required that all engineering work and final design approval be completed by 1/1/01.  A letter terminating the agreement has been prepared for the Board to sign.  At the same time, the RFP has been updated and will be re-issued.  Jon moved that the Board vote to sign the letter dated 9/9/02, terminating the agreement dated 6/9/00 with Dexter Lefavour, P.C. for engineering and design work associated with the 1999 VTrans Enhancement Grant project to implement traffic calming measures and pedestrian transportation improvements on Route 116 adjacent to the Hinesburg Community School, due to a failure to meet the conditions outlined in the agreement in a timely fashion.  Second by Andrea and approved.

 

Update on Recreation Path:  RFP for the next phase (preliminary engineering and ROW) was issued today to 16 consulting firms and was posted on the State bid website.  The response date is October 11, 2002.   In addition, a pre-bid informational meeting is scheduled for Thursday, September 19 at 8:30 AM.

 

 

                                                     SEPTEMBER 9, 2002                                     page 3 of 3

 

Discussion of All Board Meeting – The Board was in agreement that a special meeting is not necessary at this time.  They noted the importance of the Town Boards communicating with each other on a regular basis.

 

Additions to the Agenda

 

Driveway Permit / James O’Neill on Buck Hill Road West: This subdivision received final plat approval from the DRB, pending the drafting of conditions.  It does not appear that the driveway placement will be impacted by any potential conditions, so it would be advisable to approve this application.  Randy  moved that the Board vote to approve the driveway permit application of James O’Neill for a road cut on Buck Hill Road West (a proposed subdivision of Grand List Lot Number 09-01-44.00 ) as outlined in the permit dated 08/10/02, subject to the terms and conditions placed on the permit by the Highway Foreman and all state and local permits governing the development of this parcel.  Second by Jon and approved.

 

Buried Utility Permit / James O’Neill on Buck Hill Road West:  This subdivision received final plat approval from the DRB, pending the drafting of conditions.  The placement of the underground power was discussed at length at the last DRB meeting, without a clear consensus being reached.  It might be best to delay approval of this permit until the DRB finalizes the final plat conditions for the subdivision.

George Bedard was present with a map to show where the buried line will go and explain the history of the request.  Jon moved the Board grant the road cut to Ralph and Robert Goodrich.  As there was no second to the motion it failed. The Board discussed the issue of the permit not being requested by the power company and who will be the responsible party. 

George will get a written statement from Vt Electric Coop regarding this power line.

 

Next Meeting September 23, 2002

 

Public Hearing on Update to Town Plan

 

Public Meeting for Silver Street Bridge Alternatives Presentation

 

Bob Simpson & Jennifer Morrison from Chittenden Unit for Special Investigations (CUSI) to request funding.

 

John moved the Board vote to adjourn at 9:00 p.m., second by Andrea and approved.

 

Respectfully submitted,

 

Valerie Spadaccini