Agency Request Review Committee
Meeting Minutes - May 11, 2010
Present: Kate Schubart, president; Kathie Templin, vice-president; Katharine Hikel, secretary.
We addressed concerns about funding priorities and the burden on taxpayers in this ongoing economic slowdown. We believe that our committee’s task is to balance the effects of economic hardship for many with the desire of Hinesburg’s citizens for a level budget by continuing to support social agency services which could benefit any member of our community at some time. To that end, we will continue our policy of evaluating each application carefully and expect that the tax burden—about $12 per taxable parcel in the town, or about $6 per resident—will not increase for 2012 except in line with increased services provided by the agencies we review.
The provisional calendar for meetings and deadlines is as follows:
- Form preparation and cover letter for FY 2011-12 meeting, August 16.
- Request forms sent out immediately after Labor Day, Sept 6.
- Deadline for form return, October 21.
- Request review and evaluation, third Tuesday in November, Nov 16
- Final meeting in December, if needed.
We are working to expand the committee by one or two members.