August 10, 2010
Attending the meeting: Jon Trefry, Andrea Morgante, Ken Brown, Randy Volk, Howard Russell, Rocky Martin, Steve Button and Wayne Elliott, Kevin Camara and Brad Aldrich of Forcier Aldrich & Associates.
This meeting occurred at the Wastewater Treatment Facility Lagoons on Lagoon Road (off of Charlotte Road). Meeting called to order at 4:00 p.m.
Review and Discuss the Wastewater Treatment Facility Upgrade Project: The Board reviewed the project with representatives of Forcier Aldrich & Associates, and discussed the attached list of concerns prepared by Water & Wastewater Superintendent Steve Button. In addition to the attached list, the Board also discussed the following concerns:
1. The need for a barrier across the stairway to the alum tank in the chemical room;
2. The need for a solution to the exposed chlorine feed line at the chlorine contact tank to prevent freezing;
3. The need for insulation between the bottom beam of the chlorine contact building and the top of the tank partition to keep as much cold air as possible from getting into the building;
4. The need for additional protection for the blower air intakes to prevent water being sucked into the blowers;
5. A concern about the premature paint fading at the chemical blower building.
Forcier Aldrich & Associates agreed to review the items and come back to the Board with proposed options to address the design deficiencies.
The meeting adjourned at 5:00 p.m.
Hinesburg Director of Buildings & Facilities
Hinesburg Wastewater Upgrade
August 10, 2010
Ventilation is not effective (specifically on Bi-Sulfite fumes)
Chlorine/De-chlor area too small
Non potable water feeding the eye wash
Alum tank discharge line is unprotected
Contact Tank Building:
No vapor barrier
Flow meter enclosure is too wide for the space (can’t completely open door)
Safety concern with gap in the grate
No step at entrance
“Alum fill” steps poorly designed
Dredge anchors won’t work with new berm