August 30, 2010
Attending: Jon Trefry, Andrea Morgante, Ken Brown, Howard Russell, Jeanne Wilson, Krister Adams, Brett Grabowski, Steve Libbby
Meeting called to order at 7:00 p.m.
Krister Adams, Vermont State Housing Authority / Clean Water State Revolving Loan Fund for Mountain View Mobile Home Park: Krister is an agent for Housing Foundation, Inc. (HFI) who owns Mt View Park. He explained to the Board the current sewage system at the park and the fact that it is failing. HFI is looking to replace the existing system with a mound system and to do so is asking Hinesburg to sponsor HFI by applying for a loan through the Clean Water State Revolving Loan Fund. This would be a 20 year loan 0% interest and a 2% administration fee that is paid up front. HFI is asking the bond vote be held in conjunction with the Nov election. Howard moved that the Board vote to sign a resolution authorizing an application to the Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation and the Vermont Municipal Bond Bank for financial assistance in the amount of $120,000 pending a favorable bond vote by the voters of the Town of Hinesburg for the purpose of improving the sewage disposal system at Mountain View Mobile Home Park located on Buck Hill Road East. Second by Ken and approved. Mountain View Mobile Home Park is owned and operated by the Housing Foundation, Inc. and repayment of the bond will be made with funds from the Housing Foundation, Inc. as set forth in and agreement between the owner and the municipality, at no cost to the Town or taxpayers.
Brett Grabowski, Lyman / Milot / Kinney Drugs Proposal:
- Act 250 Municipal Impact Questionnaire - Brett is requesting the Board have staff sign the ACT 250 questionnaire. He states that all areas in question have been addressed. Ken moved the Board vote to authorize the Chair to sign the ACT 250 Municipal Impact Questionnaire for the Kinney Drug Project. Second by Andrea and approved.
- Wastewater Allocation – Brett is looking for the Board to approve the allocation – it can be noted that the allocation will be effective when the new allocation area designation is effective. Ken moved the Board vote to approve the wastewater allocation application for Hinesburg Center / Farmall Drive / Rt116 / 9 buildings / Kinney Drugs 18,000 sq ft commercial and 15 units residential for 4340 gpd pending completion of wastewater ordinance appeal period and department approval and submission of application fee. Second by Howard and approved.
- Legal Documents (Irrevocable Offers of Dedication & Escrow Agreement) - Brett said he is waiting for a response from the Town Attorney on these documents. The Board agreed not to require a performance bond but to use an escrow agreement designed after the one the Town had with Thistle Hill Development, which does not allow closing out the account without Town approval. The escrow agreement would also require that items designated by the Town as needing correction will be corrected as requested.
Steve Libby, Vermont River Conservancy / Beecher Brook Study Review: Steve explained the purpose of an easement is to allow the river to migrate and create natural courses. With an easement the landowner agrees to allow that to happen and does not put up any structures that would be endangered by migration of the river, or put in any fill or anything that would impact or prohibit migration of the river. Pre existing permanent structures are allowed.
Jeanne asked why the Town could not create this buffer area and manage the river without signing an easement to a third party. Steve said the benefit to the Town is that the easement assures long-term protection of the river.
The Board agreed to a site review with Steve and Mike Anthony and any Board members that are available.
Approve Warrants: Ken moved that the Board vote to approve the warrants (including payroll warrants) for bills payable as presented by the Town Treasurer. Second by Andrea and approved.
Minutes of August 16, 2010 Meeting: Andrea moved that the Board vote to approve the minutes of the August 16, 2010 meeting as amended. Second by Howard and approved.
Road Cut Permit / Dam on North Road: This subdivision on North Road has received final approval from the DRB. Andrea moved that the Board vote to approve the road cut permit application of Anup Dam for a road cut on North Road (a subdivision of Tax Map #09-02-34.20) as outlined in the permit dated 10/05/05, subject to the terms and conditions placed on the permit by the Highway Foreman and all state and local permits governing the development of this parcel. Second by Howard and approved.
Request to Serve Alcohol at Fire Station for Benefit on September 17, 2010: Melissa Martin has requested permission to serve alcohol at the Fire Station for a benefit event on Friday, September 17, 2010 between the hours of 8 and 11 pm. Ken moved that the Board vote to approve the request by Melissa Martin to serve alcohol at the Fire Station for a benefit event on Friday, September 17, 2010, subject to the following conditions:
- A responsible person over 21 years of age shall be designated to be “in charge” of the event and to monitor alcohol use at the event to ensure that there is no underage drinking and that intoxicated persons do not drive; and
- A “Don’t Drink and Drive” poster shall be posted at the entrance to the event, naming the responsible person and offering the services of the responsible person to arrange safe trips home.
Second by Howard and approved.
Correspondence to Baptist Society / RE: Lot on Silver Street: Jeanne read the letter drafted to the Baptist Society (c/o Yvonne Whitaker) regarding the Town’s inability (per statute) to waive taxes on the Baptist Society lot on Silver Street. The Board then signed the letter.
Other Board Member Items: Andrea commented on the solar arrays installed on Charlotte Road. She feels it was a mistake for the Town not be a part of the process when there was opportunity for discussion for the panels to have been moved to allow the trees along the roadside to grow. The Town could have submitted comments on the project.
Jeanne announced the Town’s official Facebook page was launched on Friday.
Andrea moved the Board go into executive session including Jeanne for discussion of a legal matter. Second by Ken and approved.
Andrea moved the Board come out of executive session and adjourn, second by Ken and approved.
Valerie Spadaccini, secretary