Lot 15 Committee
November 10, 2011
Present: Carrie Harlow, Joe Iadanza, John Kiedaisch, Rocky Martin
1) Discussion regarding “Steps to Acquire Lot 15.” Looked over steps John K had set up in a document.
• In looking at Steps to Acquire…one recommendation was to add “explore legal representation,” shortly after the possible DRB rejection of the Application.
• It was decided that “enacting eminent domain” would not be included in the recommended steps as legal council should advise the Select Board on that course of action.
• Committee discussed and agreed that these are the major steps to be taken and there are many steps and decisions to be made within each. Committee decided it would be better to keep the list short and simple.
• Title will include “Recommendations,” with a caveat that sequence and combinations may be combined, TBD.
• John K will rework the List of Steps and email for comments.
2) Joe I is done with the extensive editing to the documents (three, with Executive Summary) to be submitted to the Select Board on November 21.
• Rocky will forward the information to Joe Colangelo, who can then get the information into the packets sent to Select Board members. He confirmed the documents dated 11/2/11 will be the ones to be submitted.
3) Mike Buscher is currently working on cost estimates and proposed site plans.
• Committee discussed how to present possible uses – rather than present one as the committee’s recommendation, agreement was that three examples would be presented showing how various public uses could be accommodated. Each example would include budgets for planning and development costs.
4) Carrie will be working on Executive summary for funding sources, including verbiage that depending on the usage of the property, some funding sources would be more amenable, while other funding sources might be more enthusiastic about supporting other plans for usage.
5) John R stressed that the final report needs to reflect the updated figures and information that has been gathered during the course of the committee’s work. Rocky added that there would need to be an explanation in the final report that explains the differences between the reports (interim to final).
6) Mike and Carrie’s work will be submitted to the group by e-mail, with other committee members giving comments and feedback. This will be done in such a manner that by the next
meeting, information can be completed.
Next Meeting: Decision made to meet again December 8 at 7 p.m. in the Planning Office Conference Room to wrap up committee work.