Lot 15 Committee
December 8, 2011
Present: Mike Buscher, Joe Iadanza, John Kiedaisch, Rocky Martin
Also in attendance: John Roos
1) Reviewed and approved latest version of “Suggested Steps for the Town to Decide to Acquire or Not Acquire Lot 15”.
2) Discussed “The Effect of Commercial Development on Educational Tax” report; John K was concerned about questions raised by RV at the 12/5/11 Select Board meeting; Joe I clarified that the $87.xx shown being returned to Hinesburg is Hinesburg’s share of the taxes paid by a commercial development assessed at $1,000,000. Retail commercial development in other towns would also result in Hinesburg’s receiving money from the state but in the example, the amount returned to Hinesburg is only from retail commercial development in Hinesburg.
3) Discussed making some editorial corrections to the three recent reports and their executive summaries presented to the Select Board on 125/11; Joe I felt strongly that the reports are done and should not be revised; John K pointed out that there were mistakes that need to be changed, for example, a reference to “appraisal” that should have read “assessment.” There were also several places where the Del Duca report was said to have “confirmed” what had happened in Williston, when in fact the report was written before the events happened and was only predicting what would happen, those predictions having been shown to be correct through research by John Roos and the Lot 15 Committee. Joe I agreed that corrections could be made. John K will do the editing and send to committee members for their review and approval.
4) Reviewed Mike B’s current draft of site plan, examples, and first draft of projected development budget estimates; agreed that info can be simplified and the illustrations condensed; projected development budget numbers need to be corrected; committee will get their comments to Mike B by 12/11/11 and Mike B will have revisions of the whole section ready for review by committee by 12/18/11. John K will write an introduction to go with Mike B’s material.
5) John K will be in touch with Carrie H about completion of her work on funding sources and a related executive summary.
6) Decided to submit the three final sections of our report (Site Plan Development Examples, Available Funding Sources, and Suggested Steps for the Town to Decide to Acquire or Not Acquire Lot 15) to the Select Board for their 01/09/12 meeting.
7) Reviewed and approved meeting minutes with revisions for 10/27/11 and 11/10/11. John K will make revisions and send to Aaron Kimball for posting to town website.
Submitted by John K