Village Steering Committee
April 11, 2011
VSC Members Present: Rolf Kielman, Aaron Kimball, Jane Starkweather, Dona Walker
VSC Members Absent: Brian Busier, Michael Buscher, George Dameron
1. Minutes Approved. Minutes of March 14, 2011 VSC meeting approved.
2. Aaron to send email alerts to VSC, re: Planning and DRB agendas. Alex Weinhagen to meet with VSC at next month's meeting. We will talk to him about how to better keep the VSC in the loop about what is in the works at the planning and zoning office.
3. Village Center Designation - Jane and Dona to work on this project.
4. Open Spaces in the Village - VSC should talk with the Select Board about preparing a vision for bringing all of our spaces together, choosing what is important, what is not, how are they linked, as well as an update on the town's sidewalks.
5. Canal Improvements - Green Up day is May 7th this year. VSC members will be onsite throughout day. Discussion about improvements to the areas at the intersection of Commerce Street and Mechanicsville Road green space (both sides of Commerce Street).
6. Former Saputo Site - discussion about truck noise and truck traffic with new tenants coming in.
7. Hinesburg Village Sign Update - Rolf to meet with land owners at the north and south end of town to talk about placement.
8. Rolf to check with Rocky about the crosswalk in front of the hinesburg community school and sidewalk on west side of route 116 from Charlotte Road to the school.
Aaron Kimball, VSC Secretary